Call us 24/7
Tap the phone icon below to call
Free Bail Info
Free Inmate Locator
Free Bail Consultation
Free Code Lookup
24/7 Bail Service
Easy Payment Plans
Fast and Confidential
Local agents in Manhattan Beach
Health and Safety Codes (HS)
Whenever you enter a building in the state of California, you are confident that it is safe to enter and you will not receive any physical harm. This confidence in the integrity of the staff at any establishment is due to the Health and Safety codes that are mandated throughout the state. There is an entire rulebook that describes in great detail all of the rules and regulations that they must abide by in the state of California. Some examples of these codes are as follows:
1) 11350(HS): Felony, Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance, knowledge of the presence of that controlled substance, knowledge of the substance’s nature or character as a controlled substance, and the controlled substance was in a usable amount.
2) 11355(HS): Felony, Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance with intent to sell; you must be caught with large quantities of the drug, Packaging of the drug in separate baggies or bindies, scales, lots of cash, and lots of people coming to your place for only a few minutes at a time.
3) 11377(HS): Felony, Misdemeanor; Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamines.
4) 11378(HS): Felony, Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamines with intent to sell; you must be caught with large quantities of the drug, Packaging of the drug in separate baggies or bindies, scales, lots of cash, and lots of people coming to your place for only a few minutes at a time.
5) 11364(HS): California Drug Paraphernalia Possession; when a person is found to be in possession of an illegal drug paraphernalia.
Restaurants and any place that provides medical care are highly influenced by these health and safety codes. The piece of paper in front of any type of restaurant with a letter grade printed on it tells the consumer how the restaurant compares to the standards of the state of California. The lower the grade the worse the conditions are and it is up to the consumer whether or not they want to take the risk of eating there.
This system of showing the consumers how the restaurant ranks among health and safety lets people know how safe it is to eat there before anyone catches a virus from their food or is displeased with their health precautions.
However, when it comes to hospitals, the standard is set much higher and the staff at the hospital are scrutinized more closely in order to make sure that all of the patients are in the best care possible. Not only do inspectors look at the staff, but they also determine that other parts of the hospital are up to code.
In the book containing all of the Health and Safety Codes is a whole section just for the Administration of Public Health. Some of the things discussed in this section are guidelines for the nurses and doctor’s power and duties, the air sanitation, certain licensing that they must have, how to deal with children, what they can and cannot due to their patients, what to do when someone creates a disturbance in the hospital or doctor’s office, and who has the authority to prescribe medicine. This book of rules gives hospitals a set of standards to build their staff on so that they could help their patients in the safest way possible.
The entire set of codes contains about 120 divisions that is broken up into parts, which are then broken up into chapters and even some of those chapters are broken up into articles just to ensure that any possible situation or danger is taken care of. This means that basically any place of business that relies on human interaction will be subject to be inspected to make sure that they are following the health and safety codes.
This rulebook also gives you a set of rules and guidelines for proper training and safety videos for the office workplace such as sexual harassment videos that must be administered every year.
The first step in preventing any harm to customers is to make sure that the entire staff is well trained for any possible situation. This is why whenever you are hired for a new job, you must first go through a set of training videos that include the safety of the building. All of these rules and regulations ensure that the state of California and all of its residents are as safe as possible. It is essential that every place in the state of California follow all of these codes so that we are all prepared for any kind of disaster.
If you have any questions regarding the health and safety codes and how they affect you, then please feel free to contact one of our highly trained agents at Sunrise Bail Bonds Manhattan Beach.